Blue Bison VenturesHome | More Information
Blue Bison Ventures is owned and operated by Derick and Beth Reimer specializing in the installation of cellulose insulation in the Steinbach and Winnipeg areas.
In new construction we install cellulose insulation in walls using a dense-pack dry technique that is very effective at sealing homes against air infiltration. For retrofitting old homes, we blow cellulose into attics and into walls.
Cellulose insulation is an excellent, environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fibreglass insulation. The fibres of cellulose insulation are much finer than fibreglass. When cellulose is blown or dense-packed in walls and ceilings, it takes on almost liquid-like properties that allows it to flow into cavities and around obstructions to completely fill walls and seal every crack and seam. No fibreglass or rock wool material duplicates this action, the only other insulation that does is liquid-applied foam plastics, but this is much more expensive than cellulose.
Other advantages include:
- Cellulose maintains a constant efficiency whereas fibreglass loses efficiency as it gets colder
- Cellulose insulation creates an airtight seal; fibreglass allows convection currents which wick heat away from the wall surface
It is also safer as demonstrated in this video:
Cellulose Stats + Facts
- Takes less energy to make than any other insulation material.
- Contains up to 85% recycled content
- All additives are naturally occurring
- Used in the American Lung Association building
- 20-40% more efficient than fibreglass
- Cellulose is rodent resistant
- Great sound insulation